A collection of never-before-heard studio outtakes, live recordings, and other rarities, The Pearl Sessions documents the legacy of Janis Joplin’s masterpiece album. In 1971, the posthumous release of Pearl topped the charts, yielding the hit single “Me and Bobby McGee” and going on to sell nearly 8 million copies.
For the first time in one package, the original mono versions of the album’s 45s can be heard alongside the original LP tracks, as well as intriguing newly-discovered alternate versions, outtakes and vocal takes of Pearl classics. With this exciting discovery of previously uncatalogued tapes, listeners can hear Janis in the studio, joking with producer Paul Rothchild (The Doors) and Full Tilt Boogie band mates, and working through what would become some of her best known songs.
1. Move Over
2. Cry Baby
3. A Woman Left Lonely
4. Half Moon
5. Buried Alive In The Blues
6. My Baby
7. Me and Bobby McGee
8. Mercedes Benz
9. Trust Me
10. Get It While You Can
Bonus Tracks - The Mono Single Masters
11. Me and Bobby McGee
12. Half Moon
13. Cry Baby
14. Get It While You Can
15. Move Over
16. A Woman Left Lonely
1. Overheard in the Studio...
2. Get It While You Can (Take 3) - Previously Unissued
3. Overheard in the Studio...
4. Get It While You Can (Take 5) - Previously Unissued
5. Overheard in the Studio...
6. Move Over (Take 6) - Previously Unissued
7. Move Over (Take 13) - Previously Unissued
8. Move Over (Take 17) - Previously Unissued
9. Me and Bobby McGee (Demo Version)
10. Me and Bobby McGee (Take 5 - Alternate) - Previously Unissued
11. Cry Baby (Alternate Version)
12. A Woman Left Lonely (Alternate Vocal)
13. Overheard in the Studio...
14. My Baby (Alternate Take) - Previously Unissued
15. Overheard in the Studio...
16. Get It While You Can (Take 3) - Previously Unissued
17. My Baby (Alternate Take)
18. Pearl (Instrumental) - Full Tilt Boogie Band
19. Tell Mama (Live) - June 28, 1970 - Toronto